If you happen to be stressing about finding that perfect something for everyone on your list (as we are!) try to remember the following:
- If you stumble across a great find at an affordable price, don’t be afraid to stock up and give the same thing to multiple people.
- Good things come in small packages – aka gift cards. You really can’t go wrong with gift certificates these days, and if you pick an appropriate store they are still more thoughtful than cash.
- Always opt for the in-store complimentary gift wrap – and make sure to note the wrapped package’s contents somewhere visible but discrete.
- Shop online and take advantage of delivery service so gifts can arrive at your holiday destination without you having to lug them around.
- Keep it simple and try to stick to one gift per person to avoid feeling frazzled when you do gift inventory in your head. If you buy multiple gifts for one person you might feel the need to then buy more for others and down the slippery slope you go.
- It’s the thought that counts and nobody is going to spend their holiday sizing up your gift to someone else’s. Think back to your favorite holiday memories, do they involve gifts in any way? Chances are they don’t. Ours involve fun filled family times and lots of food – which is far more important. So don’t stress!
And check out the 6 Common Shopping Traps article on Oprah.com.