Beans, seeds, lentils and grains are best bought dried and “sprouted” (soaked in water). This avoids the harmful toxins associated with canned foods, and maximizes the nutritional contents by allowing vitamins, minerals, proteins, and essential fatty acids to multiply during the sprouting / soaking process. Sprouting also allows for the elimination of any toxins in the food.
1. Place seeds, beans or grains into a large bucket or bowl and cover with filtered water. Soak for 6-8 hours. Once soaked, strain with a colander and rinse well. *If you have limited time, use beans, seeds or gains after the first soak. For extra benefits, continue
2. Leave soaked and rinsed seeds, beans or grains in the strainer overnight. (Night 1)
3. The next day, rinse the seeds, beans or grains in a bucket or bowl filled with water and briefly swirl around with your hands. Return to strainer and leave overnight. (Night 2)
4. If time permits, soak for a third night and repeat rinsing once daily until the grains have sprouted a “tail” about 1/4 inch long.
5. Place sprouted grains in a container in the refrigerator. Keep for 3 days max.