12 – 16 oz of your favorite pasta
1 package (12 oz.) extra firm silken tofu
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal)
1/2 – 1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
olive oil and sea salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine all sauce ingredients together in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- When pasta is finished cooking, drain, rinse and return to pot. Toss in a light amount of olive oil to evenly coat the noodles. Salt lightly if desired.
- Combine the sauce with the pasta until the desired pasta/sauce ratio is reached.
- Sprinkle with pecans if desired.