Who doesn’t like eggs with fresh veggies and goat cheese on a lazy summer Sunday? Despite the heavy cream this is actually a very light and fresh tasting dish. Veggies can be sauteed ahead of time and we love adding a bit of extra Parmigiano!
1 cup heavy cream
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 cup diced zucchini
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup diced yellow onion
¼ cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tblsp thinly sliced fresh basil
¼ cup plus 2 tblsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/3 c crumbled goat cheese (chevre)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter 2 oval gratin dishes or 1 large casserole dish.
2. Chop zucchini, bell pepper, onion, parsley, basil into small pieces.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until blended.
4. Whisk in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
5. Stir in the zucchini, bell pepper, onion, parsley, basil, the ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and the goat cheese.
6. Divide the egg mixture between the prepared dishes (if using two) and top each with 1 tblsp of the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
7. Bake until puffed and golden and a knife inserted into the center comes out almost clean, around 30 minutes. Serve immediately.