1 dozen Blue Points oysters (or any salty small oyster)
1/2 cup champagne
2 Tbs sherry vinegar
4 Tbs champagne vinegar
1 tsp saffron
3 Tbs chives
2 Tbs red onion
2 Clementines from Spain
- Chop the chives and red onions into tiny pieces and put them into a small bowl.
- Add the champagne and both vinegars.
- Soak the red onions for one or two hours in the vinegar mixture.
- Juice the lemon without any seeds; add to vinegar mixture.
- Peel one Clementine from Spain and remove any leftover pulp from the skin. Separate the sections and add to bowl.
- Juice the second Clementine from Spain and add to bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients and put the bowl in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Right before serving the oysters, take the champagne vinaigrette out and with a spoon scrape teaspoon amounts on top of the oysters.
- Sprinkle chives as garnish.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Preparation Time: After the initial soaking, this dish takes about 10 minutes.
Image and Recipe Credit: Chef Ane Ormaechea