24 c. (14 oz. or about 6 bunches) watercress
1 T. olive oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
Sesame seeds (optional)
1 T. rice wine (or dry sherry)
2 tsp. oyster sauce
¼ tsp. sugar
- Wash and spin dry the watercress.
- Whisk together the rice wine, oyster sauce and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the watercress and stir-fry just until it begins to wilt, about one minute.
- Add the rice wine-oyster sauce combination to the pan and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, until watercress is just tender, but still bright green.
- Add sesame oil and serve immediately. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.