6 oz (170g) boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Olive oil cooking spray
Whole-wheat tortilla shell
3 tablespoons pesto
1/4 cup broccoli florets (small)
1/4 cup sundried tomato (thin sliced)
1/2 cup asparagus (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
1/2 cup aged white cheddar
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and then sauté. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with spray and place the tortilla shell on the tray. Spread the pesto base evenly around the shell leaving the outside inch free for the crust.
- Combine all of the other ingredients except for the cheese in a mixing bowl and toss until mixed together.
- Spread evenly covering the pesto. Top with the cheese and bake until cheese is melted and shell is lightly toasted (about 10 minutes).
Variations: For a flavor variety, try using home-made pesto, hummus, tzatziki, or rosemary eggplant. Use seasonal vegetables whenever possible as they not only taste better, but have healthier nutritional profile. For a cheesy variety, try using mozzarella, feta, havarti, or Swiss instead of cheddar.
Image and Recipe Credit: Precision Nutrition, When Gourmet Meets Nutrition