1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon (about 5 leaves), chopped fresh sage
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
5 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
14 ounces firm tofu, drained and patted dry with paper towels
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Cut the tofu in half diagonally to make 2 large triangles. Cut each large triangle in half to make 4 smaller triangles.
- Place the triangles, long side down, on a cutting board and carefully cut each into 3 slices. Brush the tofu triangles, on each side, with the extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the tofu for 2 minutes on each side.
- Carefully transfer the tofu to a serving platter. Spoon the pesto over the tofu and serve.
Image and Recipe Credit: Food Network