1tbsp olive oil
1 leek, diced
2 carrots, diced
250g (9oz) Puy lentils
1.4 litres (2½ pints) hot vegetable stock
200g (7oz) cherry tomatoes on the vine
2.5cm (1in) piece fresh ginger, grated
25g (1oz) almonds, roughly chopped
100g (3½oz) spinach leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6. Heat 2tsp oil in an ovenproof pan. Add leek and carrots; fry for 6-8 mins.
2. Stir in the lentils, coating them with the mixture, then pour in the stock. Season, cover and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat.
3. Transfer to the oven for 20 mins or until lentils are just tender with a slight bite.
4. After lentils have been cooking for 10 mins, put the tomatoes into a roasting tin, drizzle with remaining oil and roast for 8-10 mins.
5. Meanwhile, remove skin from oranges with a sharp knife and cut into slices, reserving juice.
6. When lentils are cooked, add orange slices, juice and remaining ingredients. Spoon into bowls with the tomatoes.
Image and Recipe Credit: allaboutyou.com